New Septic Tank Emptying Legislation
The Environment Agency are introducing new septic tank emptying legislation to prevent septic tanks leaking watercourse, which can cause pollution. The new legislation is coming into place in the next few weeks. The Environmental Agency is sending letters out to all household owners explaining the new septic tank standards.
The new standards states if the Environment Agency finds that a current septic tank discharge is polluting surface water it will be required to be replaced with a new system compliant with BS EN 12566-1 and/or BS 6297:2007 by 1st January 2020.
Therefore, this will impact whether a property can be sold, or not. If a property is sold the septic tank must meet the new standards or be replaced before completion of the sale. This were we can help, here at The Drain Company (Hull) Ltd we offer a specialist septic tank emptying service. This will help you meet the new standards set by the Environment Agency.
How Can We Help?
At The Drain Company we have a number of vacuum tanks vehicles. This enable us to empty septic tanks and cesspits of silt, and debris efficiently for environmentally safe disposal. Our vacuum tanks these also allow us with the means to clean the surrounding area.
What our septic tank services include:
- Septic tank cleaning, and septic tank emptying. We use high pressure water jetting to ensure all silt and debris is removed from the septic tank.
- Septic tank installation, and septic tank replacement. If your septic doesn’t meet the standards BEFRA have set, we are able to replace and install a new septic tank for you, so that you meet the new standards.
What our cesspit services include:
- Cesspit cleaning, using high pressure water jetting to ensure all silt and debris is removed from the cesspit.
- Cesspit emptying, using a Vacuum Tanks with water jetting capabilities to empty and clean the cesspit.
- Soakaway repairs, are CCTV survey to check they’re in working condition, if not we are be to replace and install soakaways.
- Full CCTV camera survey to determine the condition of the cesspit. We use the latest camera equipment to determine whether the cesspit is still in working condition.
Would you like more information on the standards? Follow the link to BEFRA’s site explaining the standards.
If you would like to book our services go to our contact page.